Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy 2 be Nappy


It's been three years that I've been natural! It was one of the best transitions that I could have ever made. In the beginning it was so hard because many salons didn't manage in natural hair and because my hair was so nappy some wouldn't even bother. I didn't give up and I wasn't about to give in what other thought was right for me. I was sick and tired of getting perms and I refuse to go back to chemicals. Some people disagreed with my decision and didn't think my process would work but I was oh so focus what Jazzy thought was best for her. Did I want to give up "YES",but I didn't! I went through so very rough days and I mean ROUGH days. But I had to hold my head up and remind myself of the freedom I had gained by going natural. In the beginning I could not find a salon that worked with natural hair so it was a huge struggle for me. One thing I told myself I wasn't giving up so begin to do my own research and find ways to manage and take of my hair until I found someone who was willing to help me take care and manage my natural hair. After I did that I decided that I would loc my hair and it's been about 8months now and I love it so much I can't wait until it grows out and I start doing different styles. Being so natural feels so free and I love every minute of it.

Jazzy

No comments: